Thursday 4 September 2008

errr...

Well I don't know if this is right or wrong, or even if it'll work but THIS is an example of what I've been doing all day. Well normally blogs direct people to places on the 'net where you're selling stuff, so why not eBay??? I need some rewards for sitting performing such a thankless task. I've listed 22 items and it would have been more but I had to photograph everything first. Then my scales broke :o). And now I've given up cuz I've tired. I know I'll benefit if everything sells. If... May tackle the clothes tomorrow. There are LOADS of Evie's to sell. My front room is rapidly disappearing under a sea of clothes.

Tomorrow I have a treat to look forward to though. My "other half" - of 'ethel and edna' - Ann is taking me out for a pre-birthday lunch. There is a great new Mediteranean restaurant in Lichfield called "Ego" and I think that is our destination. Yum!! Here is a link to the menu to make you drool. What will I have?... I'll have to start persuing now or I'll be ordering lunch at 9 o'clock at night.

Sorry there are no pics in this post. I was more concerend about actually getting something written first. It's been so long since I did post anything on my blog. No apologies. No excuses. I'm just going to try really hard to get back into the routine of posting regularly. Every morning I get a new update from Emma (JB*JB) - that's every day. So why can't I do that? Maybe I should try. That way it won't have to be a great lengthy thing that noone will be bothered to read(like this one). It will be short and sweet and to the point. We'll see.

So, what have I been up to? Well I've made a bit of a rod for my own back (thought not in a bad way). Missy (my Fairy Tale swap partner) and I decided on our fave Fairy Tales and planned our gifts accordingly. Then she had the bright idea of doing an extra thing. As we both love mermaids why not do our own mermaid swap too? So I said OK. And that was my downfall. As I said, not in a bad way. I'm enjoying it so much that I'm spending loads of time on it and leaving the actually Fairy Tale item. We agreed that we'd allow ourselves a bit longer than the official deadline of 5th September (phew!). However, I now really need to finish the mermaidy thing and get the Fairy Tale thing done.

I've stll got Emma's Camper Van swap to look forward to.

And then I really need to make some money. Now I have no job, I have no money coming in. Eek! The house-keeping doesn't go very far and my car needs MOT next week :o( and tax at the end of the month. Better get listing on Folksy and etsy. Oooh isn't this where I came in?...

ttfn
xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! you are getting me so excited! I did get some supplies for the mermaid yesterday, and I'm feeling a little better so now I just have to get busy sewing!
Missy

jennyflowerblue said...

Hello busy bee! (I realy wish I could get your feed to work; I keep missing your posts!) Good to see you're keeping yourself out of mischief! I wish I could justify buying all the Polly Pocket items.....but I am 32.

Swirlyarts said...

Oh my goodness - I am soooooooo tempted to buy those cute fuzzy felts for Anya. She adores ballet things - hmmmmm maybe for her birthday!

artisbliss said...

I had very good luck recently selling things on e-bay. Made about $170.00. I hope you can do well, too.

Loved the baby foot photo. Congrats to all concerned.

JuliaB said...

Yes good luck on ebay!! I am trying ebay instead of Etsy where nothing seems to be moving! If only the gov would releive ALL tax payers instead of just those buying houses .. we might all get somewhere selling our stuff and escaping from the rat race .. oh lordy .. rant over!! xx