Thursday 15 January 2009

Tree of Happinness

My lovely bloggy friend Daisie has awarded me the Tree of Happiness. She is a happy bunny 'cause her knitted booby just won a prize in a Folksy competition. (Yes I did say knitted booby. Intrigued? - you'll have to go and look at it now won't you lol).
So what happen with this wondrous tree? Well, first I make a link to the person who gave you the award. Done.
Then I have to post the rules on my blog. Done.
Next I have to list six things that make you happy. Finally I have to tag six people at the end of my post, link to them, let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. Oh and to be polite I need to let the person who awarded me know when my entry is up.
So - six things that make me happy:
1. dressing up in loud impractical clothing and dancing and making a show of myself - that just about covers belly dancing, morris dancing and fancy dress parties (of which there are never enough),
2. getting a blinding flash of creative inspiration - that sudden adrenaline rush when you have a brilliant idea that you can't wait to start work on and having the time, materials and opportunity to get cracking with it straightaway,
3. kiddie getting herself up and dressed on a school morning without needing to be nagged and hassled or attacked with a cold, wet flannel or arguments with me and OH,
4. OHs steak with stilton sauce and garlic sauteed potatoes and a nice bottle of red - mmmmm...,
5. Cornwall - anytime, any weather, any part (although a hot sunny day on Holywell beach takes some beating),
6. extreme weather (while I'm tucked up cosy and warm inside watching it through a window)- thunderstorms with BIIIG lightning and torrential rain, overnight snowfall that leave huge drifts in the morning, thick 'pea-souper' fog that makes the world go quiet, lashing gales and massive waves at the coast (this has to be viewed from a cafe's steamy window rather than on board a yacht sailing from Brixham to Dartmouth!!)
Will that do?
Six more people.....
Hmm... These are my Happy Blogs. I chose these because if I need a lift these are the blogs I go to first. I scour my Bloglines updates for them before anyone else.
1. Kate (Beautiful Things) because she needs some happy at the moment and because her Wise Guys always make me smile,
2.Katie (What Katie Did) because her shed is the happiest looking place in the world,
3. Katy (I'm a Ginger Monkey) never fails to make me laugh out loud,
4.Phillipa (Felt at Home)because I love her felt monsters and girlie sculptures - (Isabelle, Gilbert and Mabel is genius),
5.Viv (Hens Teeth)because her work is so beautiful and thought provoking,
6.Lucy (Attic 24) because her house is full of bright happiness and wonderful colour (and one day I will learn to crochet properly).
So there you have it.
Next time I will post pictures of my latest creations. 'Til then,
ttfn
xx

5 comments:

Kitty said...

Congratulations on your awardage.

Extreme weather's ok as long as I don't have to drive in it. Then I just want plain boring dry weather. Please.

Do you know, I've never ever ever been to a fancy dress party? Not a single one :-(

x

Lindsey said...

Aaaahh that's just very sad. Well it's my 40th later in the year... lol

Jackie said...

That steak and stilton sauce sounds very low cal.And I'm with you on the steamy cafe window looking at the sea.
And finally....please lets organise a fancy dress party for kitty.

hens teeth said...

Hello Flower ~ Congrats on your award, quite right too and thank you for passing it my way, very much appreciated. I will do my best to have a go. x

Anonymous said...

thank you so much - I will give this plenty of thought & post in the next day or so.

In actual fact - reading yours I think we are quite similar - you love many of the things I do too.

I love your critters - congratulations on getting the commission - just the right person - you've done a terrific job :)

xx