Wednesday 7 January 2009

A REAL dinosaur and a talking cactus.

Ah haa! So Blogger wants to be friends this morning...? Here is the revised, edited blog post then, with pictures.

So glad that you liked the look of the Fancy Silk Store. I can't wait to crack on with some crafting of my own. I really want to pop back and browse for a few days. Maybe I could sign up for Katy's swap...

Work continues apace(sp?) on the commission. I have cut out all the pattern pieces (thank Heavens for freezer paper!), all the fabric pieces and I'm now starting to put them together. Once they are all stitched and stuffed, and if I'm given the OK, I'll post some piccies.

In the meantime here are some catch-up pics of kiddie's birthday and Christmas.

I think I added a link about her birthday prezzie when I mentioned it previously. May I now introduce you to Cleo the Pleo. She is sooooo cute. Kiddie was over the moon when she opened the present on her birthday. "Oh you haven't?!", she squealed. Bless... I wish you could have seen her face. (I suppose uploaded video clips will be out of the question Blogger...?)

When you first switch Cleo on she is curled up asleep but gradually she begins to lift her head and open her eyes and come to life. Think Bambi when he's just been born only not quite as spindly.
As she 'grows up' she learns more; making noises and refining her movements, walking and that kind of thing. Eventually she will have mood swings (OMG - a teenaged dinosaur!!) and you can upload different themes onto an SD card. We have had festive Cleo singing Christmassy songs and there's Halloween Cleo who makes spooky ghost noises and screams like a witch's cat! Kiddie's fave is T Rex Cleo where she pretends to be Godzilla roaring and growling. She has chased numerous princess mini figures into caves. :o)

She did cost a small fortune but she was definitely worth it.

This is another favourite prezzie that we gave kiddie for Christmas. Right at the other end of the financial spectrum cuz I made it. It's Oucho. Who? - you ask. If you have children of a certain age and you watch CBBC at teatime you'll know exactly who Oucho is. He's the cactus sidekick of Ed Petrie, TV presenter, and kidlet loves him. I just happened to have a few teeny flower pots kicking around my workroom (as you do) and it came to me in a flash.

I have to say he went down even better than I expected. He went down to Devon with us on Boxing Day and now sits by her bed every night.


While we're on a creative catch-up, here is my hat. I made my hat! I managed to get another ball of the Rowan wool I was searching for so I knitted something functional!! Whoop! Whoop! Next stop it's socks! lol


And that's it for now. I'm pondering a giveaway in the not too distant future. I'm gradually approaching 200 posts (can you believe that?!) and have now had over 10000 hits. Once I have completed 'The Commission' I'll start to give it some thought.

ttfn
xx

6 comments:

Kitty said...

So bluddy annoying when it does that. Do you upload them in a job-lot, or one at a time? I find one at a time gives me less hassle, but it's a bit laborious. :-(

x

hens teeth said...

I think I have spent half of the last year waiting for stuff to upload with blogger/flickr and Etsy.
Yes I saw the 25 years of Blackadder and oh yes, Flashart, cor!!! I love the bit when he speaks to Nursey!

hens teeth said...

I think I have spent half of the last year waiting for stuff to upload with blogger/flickr and Etsy.
Yes I saw the 25 years of Blackadder and oh yes, Flashart, cor!!! I love the bit when he speaks to Nursey!

Apryl said...

I love the new header image.. and the hat is fab!

blogger has been particularly evil with me recently not allowing me to have any images in blog posts and being generally wierd to me!

Taz said...

Loving the Oucho! I want one never mind my certain aged child LOL

Daisie said...

Hi, there's a tree of happiness waiting for you on my blog :-)
xxx