Saturday 21 June 2008

Oh Pants!!! It'll be raining then...

It's the Summer Solstice. The longest day. And as another beautiful days dawns... Oh no sorry. This is 'real' England and it's raining. Pooh!! Kiddie is dancing at the Folk Festival today. Luckily they do have a wet weather plan and an indoor venue in case of such circumstances. But I doubt there'll be the parade. And shut away in a church hall there isn't the same atmosphere as being out in the streets amonsgt the shopping crowds. Oh well. It might brighten up (or is that just foolish wishful thinking on my part?...) Kiddie'll have a good time regardless because she'll be with all her chums.

I, on the other hand, am going to need some MASSIVE motivation to go out tonight and walk 10 miles in the rain. I've been working on my wings all night and they are nearly finished. I'm using artistic licence and adding a character to Mr Shakespeare's original tale. A Midsummer Night's Dream now also features Ragbag - a Sewing Room Fairy. Pictures will follow when it's all done.

A HUGE thank you to anyone who has sponsored me so far. If you would like to make a small donation (or a MASSIVE one) then please click on the Just Giving button on the left. This will take you to my fundraising page (with a beautiful photo of me). I would be eternally grateful.

OK. That's it for now. Got to go and dig out my umbrella. Do you think it's possible to walk 10 miles in your wellies?...

1 comment:

Sal said...

Yeah it's flaming June eh? Not!
Hope your weekend is a good one anyway!;-)