I made a tribal beely dance headdress for the show. Still needs more bits adding to it. And I may well NOT wear it but I had to have a go.
Kiddie has a party this afternoon. Her friend T loves animals, especially deer so she decided to make this card for him. She drew all the background and then collaged Bambi with a bit of towelling and twigs for antlers. Bless...
While she did that I made T a sock monkey as a prezzie cause I just didn't know what to get him. The use of proper, decent quality toy stuffing makes such a HUGE difference. All previosu mokeys have been so lumpy and bumpy but this little guy is quite smooth beneath his fluff.
This is what I've been tinkering with today...
This is the starting point for a couple of Christmas stockings. Lots of old lace - some crocheted, some old cotton lace, some broderie anglais - all appliqued to a background of a linen/cotton mix fabric. Will add some embroidery and vintage MOP buttons I think, then I'll show you the finished article.
This is an early attempt at a primitive doll, before I'd been to any classes, read any doll-making books, etc. I found her in my bag of lace scraps. She still has scope... The face is rubbish but I love her vintage button-covered body.
If you are in touch with me through Facebook you'll know we made a cake the other day. Yes!! Me!! Mrs Undomestic Goddess!! I made a cake from scratch using the Be-Ro Book. It was a bit thin but I think that was messing up quantities rather than not rising properly. It meant we had LOADS of luvverly buttercream. Yummy!
This is Ivy.
This is Holly.
These are Christmas tree hanging decorations.
This is the trees WIP.
See... I've been a busy girlie despite feeling like poo!! Actually I did spend 2 days in bed not feeling up to doing a damn thing but I'm on the mend. Yahoo!! Thanks for all the nice comments and messages. I love you all xxx
And, not content with one tag in a day, Daisie has sent me another.
Six random facts about me this time. Well she did actually ask me for 6 random facts about being ill so here goes...
1. When I have a cold I want to chop all my hair off!! I HATE the odd little wisps of hair that get in front of your face and tickle your nose. When it's itchy anyway that's the last thing you want. Consequently the postman has seen me twice this week with greasy hair scraped back using one of kiddie's hairbands. NOT a pretty sight.
2. I have been knocking back to 1000mg fizzy Vitamin C every morning and I'm convinced that's made me get better quicker.
3. I have one of those lovely dry flakey skin moustaches from too much nose blowing, so I will go to bed with my top lip plastered in Vaseline tonight. Gorgeous!!
5. Possibly my most attractive full-of-cold look is the "shove-a-tissue-up-each-nostril-and-leave-it-there" look. This is something my sis and I both do. When your nose is just getting so raw from all the wiping and blowing that it's too sore to touch any more it's the only answer. Highly unattractive but very satisfying.
6. When I was a kiddie being ill prevented me from being on telly. I had entered a competition on Tiswas and won but I got bloody mumps so couldn't go on. It was going to be the full pull-you-up-by-the-ears-from-behind-the-desk job but instead I had to go a couple of weeks later and just be in the audience. How pants is that?!!
I'll make a list of taggees later. Have got to go and cuddle a sickly kiddie. She's been to a party, troughed loads of party food plus her party bag and now feels sick and sorry for herself. She's also very tired.