Cheerful things yesterday. Look at my lovely goodies from the equally lovely Suzanne at Chickadee Cards. I won her giveaway and she made me these fabby earrings as a prize. They are just the perfect colours for me - blues and greens. Gorgeous. She also enclosed one of her amazing cards in another fave colour combo - Barbie pink and lime green. The card's too nice to send to anyone. I think I'm going to start a pinboard for displaying all the moo cards, postcards and any other bits and bobs I receive from people.
More loveliness that my sister has got me addicted to...
Yummy!!!!! And fab coloured packaging too. (Am I sad getting excited about sweet packets?)
Well, to spread the happiness, here is Katy Ginger Monkey's doll swap parcel just before I took it to the Post Office. I love giving prezzies. I just wish I could be there to see her reaction when she opens it.
I can't post any sneaky peaks at what's inside because -Blonde Moment Warning!!! - I forgot to take any photos. Doh!! Have asked Katy to take some and email them for me.
While at the Post Office I bought a presentation pack of the new stamps, just released. WE'RE FAMOUS!!! The First Class stamp shows Lichfield Cathedral. How cool is that? Forgot to take a piccie of that too. Will post one later.
Just had to show you that my kiddie has been exercising her creative streak recently. She created this 'outfit for a fairy made from the sun'. I had to pretend to be the sun and give her golden cord and golden fabric to make the frock. Bless her and her vivid imagination.
After saying the other day that I wanted to be tagged, Carina has 'got me' with a slightly different variation to ones I've seen before. So here goes...
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? 1998....? err.....? working for Heritage Stitchcraft (now known as Heritage Crafts I think). We designed, made and sold counted cross stitch kits, silk ribbon embroidery kits, embroidery scissors and books. It was a fab job most of the time. That is where I discovered my love of textiles and was introduced to the City and Guilds courses by my great friend Diane.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order): Make some Silly Girls, complete a Market Research Survey that I should have sent back weeks ago, Evie from school, put a load of junk in the loft, try to wake up enough to go out for a drink with friends later, tidy Evie's bedroom (urgh!).
3) Snacks I enjoy: We're big on monkey nuts at the moment! You can't beat a pack of Walkers Chees and Onion. Chocolate - at room temperature, it goes without saying!!!
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
i)Move to Cornwall and buy a house near the sea and a piece of woodland.
ii)Do the usual for family - pay off mortgages, buy nice houses, etc.
iii)Give a HUGE lump to the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation so they can find a cure.
iv)Pay a team of scientists to develop a time machine and go and fetch dad (see point iii).
v)At the moment fly a covert team of aid workers into Burma to the little villages that noone seems to care about.
vi)Buy as much rainforest as possible to keep it from being chopped down.
5) Places I have lived: Alrewas, Lichfield, Armitage, Lichfield (again!), Blogland, Away with the Fairies. I live in the latter two residences with increasing frequency.
6) 6 peeps I wanna know more about: Sam, Jackie, Emma, Charlotte, Laurie, and.... Sara, who've probably ALL done this a million times before but I'm a tedious person and want to know this stuff.
HOW could I have missed blogging this? Hooray Russ. xxx