Tuesday 4 March 2008

Oh my goodness! Worldwide WEB is right - I feel like a fly caught by a spider and I can't get out. I have become lost in Flickr-world after I joined the new Crafts Forum group. I uploaded a stack of photos as a new month = another 100mb allowance. I sent these to various groups, then I uploaded more pix. Then I thought of other groups to look for. It's an endless circle and I MUST STOP!! I'm getting nothing else done.

I have actually cracked on well with my belly dolly. (More photos are available on Flickr!!!) I'm just scared to tackle her face as I don't want to spoil her by doing too much. So far I've just stitched on the eye beads and that's it. Think I may have to quickly make a few more heads to practise on.


Went to work yesterday and one student was really struggling with what to do next. Found a Maggie Grey book in the library and showed it to her. Now she's all excited about stitching on paper and getting the gold wax out. I must admit it has fired my imagination too. A bit of crunchy, creative embroidery would be great to do. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I've been a proper wifey today - Spring cleaning no less!!! Have cleaned windows inside and out, Hoovered and tidied front and back rooms and done 3 loads of washing!! I feel so virtuous now that I reckon I'm entitled to a bit of stitching as a reward. Only problem is it's nearly time to do school run. I've got about an hour...... Better use it productively.... Wouldn't want to waste it....

No comments: