Saturday 15 March 2008

Reduce Reuse Recycle or Spend Spend Spend!!


This morning I did something I've not done for ages... went to a JUMBLE sale!!! I'd forgotten just how fab they are. This was a fill-a-bag-for-a-quid type sale. I bought two carriers crammed to bursting for £2.00 and my stash is great. Some lovely things to wear everyday,

some for belly dancing in

and stuff to chop up and 're-purpose'.

Oh and a portable typewriter!

Ann had one which she used loads during the last year of our HND and the effect is great. If you iron freezer paper onto fabric you can feed it into the typewriter and type directly onto the material. It looks more... hmm... 'authentic' than writing or photo transfer. (Don't know if authentic is quite the word I'm after but it'll do!)
My thrifting splurge started yesterday when I hit the charity shops. Got a great pair of jeans, a Polly Pocket set for kiddie
and a Boyd's Bear called Beezley from Acorns Hospice shop. Usually this has the best clothes of all the charity shops in Lichfield, but my haul from the St Giles Hospice Shop was much better this time. Two Per Una skirts - one green tweedy with layered skirts,
and one ikat type print in reds,
a black and green sequinned ethnic skirt for dancing (size 10!!!!?),
a black top with floaty sleeves for dancing,
and a pink/purple crochet cardi (like Nan used to make).
All a bit more expensive than the jumble but great quality stuff and a nice donation to the Hospice who looked after dad so well. Can't complain at that now can I?
My "web world" is ever expanding. I am blogging, Flickring (including being moderator on one group - Pins and Needles), UK Crafts Forum-ing, and now Craftjuicing. Beck the felted Bunny is entered into the Easter Competition so please take a look and vote for him. He would be SOOO pleased. Thanks. To further my needlefelting education I AM going to Sewing for Pleasure. I waivered due to lack of funds but having seen Creative Bumble Bee's blog of her visit to the show, I am now all excited again!! Thanks Bumble.





No comments: