Tuesday 11 March 2008

Where has CF gone? :0(

How terrible! It's the end of the world! I'm bereft! What's happened? The forum is down!! Is is the terrible weather? Is is sabotage? Is it 'someone' making me go and do something creative instead of sitting at the computer for hours on end? Maybe it's the skinny bum fairy making me get up to try and prevent further spreading in THAT department!! Whatever has happened I've never spent so long on Flickr or had so many people looking at my pix as a result! Cool.
I've also been looking through more blogs and found a great link on incys blog - it's the craft blog school on feeling stitchy and I only wish I'd found it sooner. It tells you all you need to know to set up a crafty blog properly rather than winging it like I have. Will have to work my way through each lesson and see if I can improve things...
Another benefit of being forum-less is that I've actually been creating stuff. My new obsession is needlefelting. On one of my many browses
through Flickr I found made by moxie and fell in love with her bunnies. As I had all the pertinent bits of material and equipment I decided to have a go. I ended up making a whole bunny - not just the head. What do you think for my first attempt?

After this little attempt I went on to make a carrot for the bunny, a duck, a ladybird, a spider, a pea (!) and I began a mermaid but the flesh colour is all wrong. Check them all out on my Flickr pages. I think I really need to buy more wool to stop her looking quite so red. I also need a proper chunk of foam as the cheap decorating sponge I've been using is now starting to disintegrate, unless anybody out there knows of a cheaper shortcut?... Luckily it's Sewing for Pleasure at the NEC starting on Thursday. I just need to sell something so I have some spending money to take with me!!! Anybody want to buy a kidney?.....




No comments: