Wednesday 5 November 2008

Big Knit

So today's the day.

Today the little bottles of Innocent smoothie with little woolly hats go on sale in Sainsburys all over the UK. Every bottle sold will raise 50p for Age Concern. Click to read all about it. If you buy any bottles of this scrummy stuff, you could pop over to their Flickr page and see if you can spot your hat.




So today's the day.

America gets it's first black President. Listening to MLK's "I have a dream" speech and then hearing Obama's acceptance speech I had a HUGE lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I don't follow American politics closely; couldn't tell you any of the promises on either side, and of course the election wasn't fought on race lines

BUT

this is a great day. Let's hope he does a good job.


ttfn
xx

6 comments:

Sal said...

Quite agree. I am far more interested than I was last time.I think that blogging has got a lot to do with it, as we are much more in contact with our American friends than we were before.
I'm off to Sainsburys today so will look out for the smoothies.
;-)

JuliaB said...

hello! a great result from America but I wish everyone would stop labelling the poor man and 2) remember that he is just as white as he is black!! Your artist friend is INCREDIBLE (I have forwarded that clip on to some of my artist friends who said same) and did you know (perhaps it's just me) that your little jukebox thingy at the top goes right over the top ofyour post so that I have to read you in bloglines before hopping over to comment..

Selfsewn said...

I've been teary all day watching all the election stuff! Its awesome!
Clare

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I hadn't heard about the smoothies. I shall get the husband to buy some.

jennyflowerblue said...

I only wish there was as much interest in British politics. The amount of our contemporarys who don't vote makes me feel sick. That people que for hours to make there point in the U.S when some of my friends forget or don't get 'round to it. I always feel that it's a momentus occasion, I always want a certificate or something!

Swirlyarts said...

As long as he's better than that cretin Bush then the world is a better place!!