Thursday 21 February 2008

I'm back. It's cold. I'm panicking.

Well we're back from lovely hot Egypt to freezing cold England. When the pilot said it was -2 degrees outside we thought he was joking - but no. Our car was completely iced up inside as well as out and we drove home at 2am in tempertures of -7!!!! Quite a shock to the system when you're wearing 3/4 length trousers and Crocs!!!
Anyway, we had a fab time. Me and kiddie went out on the dive boat 3 times. On the 2nd day we saw a real live wild sea turtle! We also saw parrot fish and puffer fish when we snorkelled off the beach. Ate lots of nice food. Drank lots too.
The picture shows the 2 intrepid snorkellers heading off for Jackson reef in the Straits of Tiran with a fairly recent wreck in the background. I (very sensibly) stayed on board as offical photographer to record kiddie's first venture onto a 'proper' reef. She loved it but got cold very quickly. Next time we must get her a shortie wetsuit.

So that's the cold bit covered. The panic is because on Saturday I have a table (well two actually)booked at a craft fair/table top sale and I have made virtually nothing for the craft fair aspect of it. I have turfed out loads of toys, clothes, etc for the second-hand recycling table but the other side will be a bit empty. I spent the afternoon making cards but they are c***. I think I will have to make a portfolio of dolls, etc and advertise that I can do commissions. I've got some badges, my ceramic shoes, my shoe drawings and some silk ribbon panels... I can probably scrape enough together but not as good as I had hoped.
I also need to make some business cards or fliers. Julia has been a dead organised person and got hers done. Huh!! No fair!
I also have to do more planning for Monday cuz it will be here before I realise it. My first day teaching!!! Aargh!! I really need to get 'genned up' on the units and grading criteria a bit more. I also need to go into personnel and get all my paperwork sorted. Where does the time go? Better not 'waste' any more on blogging. :0)

No comments: